Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today it's my birthday and here is something for you - it's my absolute, all-time favorite playdough recipe. Yes, I know you probably already have one or have seen one like this, but one ingredient seems to make all of the difference. It's pretty much your standard cooked dough recipe, but right before it sets you add 1 tablespoon vanilla. When the dough is done it seems smoother than the other dough recipes I've tried and it smells wonderful.

Play Dough Recipe
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tbsp oil
liquid food color
1 Tbsp vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients. Add water, oil and color. Cook over low heat. When it starts to set add Vanilla. Cook until set. Knead until smooth.



I just loved this picture when I saw it.  This image is from minieco.  The colors are made from natural ingredients.  Her site has some wonderful ideas.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment