Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to School Ideas

My mind is starting to think about crayons, folders, games, letters, numbers ... it must be back to school time.  Here is one of my favorite links for back to school ideas.
Mrs. Nelson's Class
She has some great ideas for the first day of school.  I use her survival kit during our open house.  I include a laminated picture of me on a little business sized card that says "This is my teacher Mrs. Long."  It helps the kids on the first day remember that I'm that nice lady they met a few days ago.

I also use her classroom management system.  It is similar to the green, yellow, red system except it uses frogs staying on a lily pad.  The kids love it and they work very hard to keep their frog on the lily pad.  At the end of the year I send the magnet home and parents have told me they use it on their refrigerator for behavior management.  Here's a picture from her site.

frog behavior chart
 Here is the link for her classroom management page. Mrs. Nelson Classroom management

No comments:

Post a Comment