Monday, September 12, 2011

Life Saving Teacher Tips




Katie Mense at Little Warriors is having a linky party asking for some life saving teacher tips.  My number one life saver is the people that I work with.  I have worked in an environment where I barely spoke to the other teachers in the building.  I love where I am now.  I have a wonderful assistant in my class and I know I couldn't get through the day without her.
I also couldn't make it through the year without chocolate.  After the first few days of school all the kids in my class knows that chocolate is my favorite food no matter what form it takes.  The first letter we introduce it M and our first treat - m&ms.  Life is good.

Bowl of M&Ms

The final thing that I couldn't live without is music.  "Music soothes the savage beast" - William Congreve.  And that is certainly true of my kinders.  We sing in my class all day long.  I love Dr. Jean, Jim Gill, Heidi Songs, Frog Street press, Harry Connick Jr. (ok not a children's musician, but we love to dance to jazz), and Greg and Steve.  On Fridays (Fabulous Fun Friday) I bring my guitar for some extra music.


Dr. Jean Feldman Collection, Kiss Your Brain, CDImage Detail


Site logo


Harry Connick, Jr. : Oh, My Nola

Sing and eat chocolate with a bunch of great people.  That about sums it up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!!!;) I ♥ that you bring your guitar to school!! I wish I was that cool:)
    P.S...I'm in the STL area too!!! (the IL side:)
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete